Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bored in Kabul

Although we were told repeatedly that things here were "kinetic" - constantly shifting always changing, it is still difficult to sit in our confined space hour after hour and not have anything to show for our time spent. I will admit that Afghanistan would not be my first choice to spend time off from the office.

As hard as it is for me, it is more difficult for Dave K who is a high energy type A and needs to be occupied. He is so anxious to get out and start being creative with his camera. But alas, we have to be patient. We completely respect the professionals here, from the soldiers, to the security personnel, the foriegn service career civilians and the flight crews. They live this day in and day out so what they say goes.

In the meantime, Dave K will spend most of his time on the computer, I will get on ever so often. There will be some reading, a movie or TV show and I will be heading to the gym shortly to work off some of the anxiety.

That's all for today - I won't bore you with my boredom. If our flight out tomorrow (Thursday) is a go, I hope to be able to share some new sights and experiences with you on my return on Saturday.

Love to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment